Since 2008, WPIG has donated over $102,678.50 to organizations helping women and children in need move toward self-sufficiency.
Each year, WPIG nominates local or international charities that align with our mission and subsequently chooses an annual charity to support through fundraising efforts, volunteering, advocacy, member dues, and our annual event. Annual event earnings are generally split 50/50 between our honored annual charity and future WPIG philanthropic endeavors.
One unique component of WPIG is our investment strategy. Throughout the year, we educate ourselves about finance and investing through guest speakers, written materials, and other opportunities. In turn, we maintain a stock portfolio with stocks hand-picked by the group. Earnings are used to support WPIG’s operations and our charity partners.
WPIG of Seattle is a 501(c)(3) exempt organization, is incorporated in the State of Washington as a non-profit organization, and is registered with the Washington Secretary of State as a Charitable Solicitations Fund.
Annual Fundraising Event
The Annual Fundraising event honors the Annual Charity Partner and WPIG's work for that year. Each partner charity's mission must align with WPIG's mission to help women and children in need move toward self-sufficiency. Funds raised are split 50/50, with the exception of 100% of Raise the Paddle funds donated toward the partner charity. All money raised for WPIG is contributed toward future philanthropic efforts and donations. See "Quarterly Givings" for more donations from WPIG.
- 2016, 8th Annual WPIG Event** (WPIG, Wine, and Chocolate): $5,000 for future WPIG charities
- 2015, 7th Annual WPIG Event (Moonlight Masquerade): $10,500 for Refugee Women's Alliance
- 2014, 6th Annual WPIG Event (PIGture Perfect): $20,000 for YouthCare; $15,414.84 for WPIG
- 2013, 5th Annual WPIG Event (PIGture Perfect): $15,000 for First Place School; $15,059.92 for WPIG
- 2012, 4th Annual WPIG Event (PIGture Perfect): $17,300 One by One; $11,968.96 for WPIG
- 2010-2011, 3rd Annual WPIG Event (PIGture Perfect): $1,100 (2010) and $17,500 (2011) for Ryther; $9,913,21 for WPIG
- 2009, 2nd Annual WPIG Event (PIGture Perfect): $3,905.76 for Bill and Pat Bali Fund; $3415.76 for WPIG
- 2008, 1st Annual WPIG Event* (WPIG out for Charity - Karaoke!): $325.64 for YWCA of Seattle; $878.36 for WPIG
*WPIG created formal contracts with partner charities to split proceeds 50/50 after 2008. Prior to creating these formal partner relationships with nonprofits that aligned with our mission, WPIG donated a smaller percentage to the YWCA of Seattle
** In 2016, WPIG fundraised for future WPIG charities and did not donate to a single partner charity.
Each quarter WPIG members nominate and vote on charities to donate additional WPIG funds raised from the annual event and other fundraisers, in addition to attending and donating at various organizations' benefit luncheons/dinners.
- 2017: April: $500 for Amara; $150 for Page Ahead
- 2016: November: $500 for UnBound Seattle: The Hope House
- 2016: June: $500 for Gay City: Seattle's LGBTQ Center
- 2016: March: $500 for WithinReach WA
- 2015: December: $500 for Queen Anne Helpline
- 2015: October: $500 for The Anchor Project
- 2015: June: $500 for We Grow Greens
- 2015: March: $500 for Enough SAID (Enough Sexual Assault in Detroit)
- 2014: $1,000 for Seattle Nativity School
- 2014: $40 for Farai Children Home
- 2014: $500 for YWCA of Seattle
- 2014: $250 for Hand in Hand/Garden of Hope
- 2014: $250 for HopeLink
- 2014: $100 for Olive Crest
- 2014: $500 for Refugee Women's Alliance
- 2014: $1,000 for Food Lifeline
- 2013: $1,250 for One by One
- 2013: $300 for El Centra de la Raza
- 2013: $300 for Days for Girls International
- 2013: $250 for GPYFA
- 2013: $850 for Teens in Public Service
- 2013: $850 for YouthCare
- 2013: $250 for Treehouse
- 2013: $250 for CG Family & Friends Holiday Stockings
- 2013: $1,000 for Hand in Hand
- 2013: $1,000 for Seattle Nativity School
- 2012: $1,000 for One by One
- 2012: $250 for Jubilee
- 2012: $134 for YWCA of Seattle
- 2012: $200 for DonorsChoose projects at Frankling High School and Beverly Elementary School
- 2012: $200 for La Esperanza Granada
- 2012: $433.10 for Westside Baby
- 2011: $150 for Hunger Intervention Program
- 2011: $300 for Wellspring Family Services
- 2011: $450 for Ryther
- 2010: $240 for YWCA of Seattle
- 2009, December: $200 for Treehouse
- 2009: $400 for Bill and Pat Bali Fund - Sponsor a Child