On Saturday, September 15th, we are inviting our supporters to join us in five hands-on volunteering events around Seattle, donating their time to four local charities, including Mary's Place, ReWa, YouthCare, and Dignity for Divas, as well as to our 2018 partner charity, the Mockingbird Society. The Mockingbird Society works tirelessly to advocate for Washington’s foster children and homeless youth, and we’re so happy to be supporting them this year.
Volunteer events will begin around noon and will include:
- Organizing and cleaning Youthcare's Orion Center
- Working with the kids at Mary's Place Kids' Club and help organize campus
- Painting classrooms used for citizenship classes and ESL at ReWa
- Paint workspace used by youth advocate team at the Mockingbird Society
- Assembling "Welcome Home" packages for homeless women moving into permanent housing
After our volunteer events conclude, everyone will join us at South Lake Union’s Gold Bar at 3 pm for a celebratory happy hour, where we’ll share more about the incredible work the Mockingbird Society is doing in our community.
Why WPC you ask? There’s yet another reason we’re celebrating this September—WPIG of Seattle is becoming the Women’s Philanthropic Collective, in order to better reflect the mission of our group and the work we do, and our happy hour will be the big reveal!
Tickets and more info available on 8/15!