Quarterly Giving Recipient-WithinReach WA
WPIG members have chosen WithinReach WA as our first quarterly giving program recipient of 2016! For over 25 years, WithinReach has helped connect Washington families with the resources they need to be healthy. From health insurance and breast feeding, to food stamps and vaccinations they champion the causes that local families need the most. WithinReach currently serves 300,000 individuals through 3012 statewide referral offices in 39 counties. Their programs focus on the outreach, education and access to a the health resources families need including:
- Health care enrollment.
- Their AmeriCorps volunteers and staff go out in the community with tablets in hand and complete applications for families so they can get benefits. The use of tablets removes the barriers to enrollment, allowing families to apply and submit for multiple benefits programs on the spot.
- Access to food.
- WithinReach collaborates with organizations across the state by using technology-based and in-person outreach strategies so families can learn about, and apply for Basic Food/SNAP (food stamps), the Summer Food Service Program (summer meals), and the Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Provides immunization information and resources for families and and health care providers through professional and public education, community collaboration and partnerships, resource development, and outreach. In addition, they have developed targeted health messages to high-risk communities.
- Improve the support that moms and babies receive when they are learning to breastfeed. They have helped 19 hospitals across the state provide the tools, education and support they need to increase the number of women breastfeeding their babies.
- Policy Work
- WithinReach partners with policy groups and individuals to ensure that laws, policies and programs work to support the health of children, families and our communities.
We are excited to support this amazing organization! Our financial support will help ensure families across Washington receive the health resources specific to their needs.
Learn more about WithinReach: www.withinreachwa.org
Learn about WPIG’s giving program: www.wpigseattle.org/investment/