Quarterly Giving Recipient – Queen Anne Helpline
The members of WPIG have selected Queen Anne Helpline to receive $500 as part of our quarterly giving program! Queen Anne Helpline is our 4th quarter and final recipient of 2015. The mission of this fantastic organization is to improve the lives of our neighbors in need by providing emergency assistance for housing, food and basic needs.
• Queen Anne Helpline serves three zip codes – 98119, 98199 and 98109, encompassing the Queen Anne, Magnolia, and South Lake Union neighborhoods.
• In this service area alone there are more than 1500 subsidized housing units and eight shelters.
• They help reduce and prevent homelessness, preventing 550 evictions every year through rent assistance, security deposits, and utility payments.
• They distribute 588 meals to food insecure students every weekend.
• They provide an average of $17,000 in assistance each month.
They partner with other Seattle food banks and nonprofits to offer services to all Seattle residents including:
• Men’s and women’s clothing bank
• Helpline Healthy Food bags and King County Emergency food bags
• Personal hygiene products
• Metro bus tickets
• Help obtaining a Washington State ID
• Targeted referrals
WPIG is thrilled to assist this local organization, as our financial support could help to offset the staggering increase in homelessness for those who are ‘on the cusp’ of losing their home, through rent assistance and utility bill support.
Learn more about Queen Anne Helpline: http://queenannehelpline.org/
Learn about WPIG’s giving program: https://wpigseattle.org/investment/